Thankfully I am not the only one!
Allan is out of town again this week. I have some work deadlines to meet.

That means I am a distracted mom, which equals unruly children. I felt very frustrated today as it seemed like every two minutes there was an eruption from the kids. "She hit me, he took my marker, she won't get off my side of the couch..." It was endless. I found my fuse to be a little short as well.

I am not a fan of letting the children spend hours in front of the TV. We are blessed to live on a nice piece of land, they have bikes, scooters, dirt bikes, and a go cart, and a play set. Yet it seems like watching the TV is all they want to do.

During the school year we block the TV from 8:00am until 6:00pm. We had removed it for the summer break. I felt like it was time to block the TV again, but thought maybe that was too tough on their break with the extreme heat we are having.

Here is where the title comes in, I was looking at the other speakers blogs and I discovered that Marybeth had been facing similar challenges. They even unplugged their satellite. I must say I was so relieved to see I was not the only one facing this challenge.

So, tonight after the kids go to sleep, I am re-blocking the TV. I am going to regain some normalcy in our home too.

I expect the house to shake in the morning from their screams of disgust. But this to shall pass.
I can rest knowing I am not the only one going through it. Thanks Marybeth for sharing.




2 Comments:

I am totally right there with you.

Blogger Irene said...

I have found that when we are off the TV , life is more loving, spiritual, and complete, and that the children are doing so much better at school and in their relationships with one another.
I don't find it easy, either, but I know how useful it is when I do, so i remind myself and do it.
The question is, why I do not do it more often. I think we are finding a balance as the children grow up and realise that TV is not that important and very often quite silly if not disgusting, after all.
Best Wishes,
Irene
The Green Greek

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
I am taking some time away from speaking to glean more from God and draw closer to Him. I need to be at home more with my children for a season. I will continue to post on my blog and update you all. I covet your prayers during this new season.
Favorite Sites