The power in a box
Many of us are writing about our She Speaks experience.



I want to touch on something that Dawn wrote on.
When the team arrived on Wednesday we were given these glass boxes tied with a beautiful ribbon of gold (like the one pictured above). Inside were many little slips of paper. On each of these slips were scripture verses. Any where there was the word "you" it had been replaced by our name.

When I returned to my room that first night I opened my box and read every verse in it. The tears were streaming down my face as I realized that God was speaking directly to me.

I pulled out several that really hit me as I read them. I re-read these particular verses several time each day throughout the conference.


One of the verses was: "I will be the voice behind you, Charlene, guiding you in the way you should go." Isaiah 30:21

Another one was: "Trust me with all your heart, Charlene, and I will guide you." Proverbs 3:5-6.

Here is a picture of my box and a couple verses.

In the prayer room (Julie has a great story of her time in there) there were laid out the names of God and everyone in attendance had their name printed out and set on one of the names for God. I found my name on the page containing "El Elyon" as Gods name. Which means "Most High God", the passages referred to trusting in Him.

There was a recurring theme for me this weekend all leading back to completely trusting my Most High God to guide me in all of my ways.


For those of you who attended, what did you learn this weekend? If you did not attend, what is God talking to you about today?


Blessings,


8 Comments:

Blogger Joyful said...

Oh Charlene, I think that has to be the most precious gift anyone could receive. I would have been in tears too. Beautiful.

Today, God has been talking to me about seeking Him alone.

Thanks for sharing this.
Love ya,
Joy

Blogger LauraLee Shaw said...

That prayer room was anointed, no doubt about it. I felt so special and loved when I walked in there. And humbled. I did my best to blog about my experiences there, but I know many more insights are to unfold.

I did not get to attend She Speaks, but you sharing this was mean't for me to read. It directs me today to believe Isaiah 30:21, that God's voice will be whispering in my ear the way I should go. I have an important decision to make tomorrow. Thank you for reminding me that I need not fret over it, because my Lord is with me and he will guide my steps in the proper direction. His direction!

Blogger B His Girl said...

God's words to me...What are you waiting for? It's time to take Him out of my box. Love your story. B

Blogger WiffsWife said...

Wow, thank you for sharing this. It really does put a more personalized touch on scripture when you add in your name.

I will be giving myself a gift like this, along with other sisters at church.

Blogger Julie Gillies said...

What beautiful gift boxes, filled with the greatest treaure of all...God's word! His Word is living and active...no wonder it has the inherent power to reach and touch our hearts like nothing else!

I'm still digesting all that God said and did at She Speaks. I may yet have one more post somewhere inside me.

This much I know...She Speaks CHANGED me, Charlene. Utterly changed me! I will never, never be the same!

Blogger Wendy Blight said...

Charlene,

Reading your post today makes me want to go back...go back to be with my P31 sisters. We have such an amazing bond, and I feel so blessed to be a part. I have yet to sit and go through my verses one by one. I cannot wait!!

In His Love,

Wendy

Blogger Renee Swope said...

I am opening a verse each day. I started at She Speaks and God really used one of the verse to give me courage going into my publisher appointments.

I didn't get to really catch up with you but I wanted to tell you that you looked beautiful - stunnimg - and so young!!!

See you soon!
Renee

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
I am taking some time away from speaking to glean more from God and draw closer to Him. I need to be at home more with my children for a season. I will continue to post on my blog and update you all. I covet your prayers during this new season.
Favorite Sites