an updated picture
Hi to everyone. I wanted to post a current picture. I have changed a bit since the profile picture was taken by about 30+pounds. It has been a long haul but well worth it. If you look at the pictures on my side bar you can see the progression of my journey. The family picture was taken in 2006. The profile picture was taken in 2007. This picture was taken by my daughter this morning.
I am within 5 pounds of my wedding weight 19 years ago. I had set a goal to get in my wedding gown for our 20th anniversary; well I am considering pulling it out and trying now!!

My plan is to have some professional pictures taken and then posted.


For anyone else
who is on a journey to a better you be encouraged that if I can do it so can you.




Blessings,


13 Comments:

Blogger Lynn Cowell said...

You look great, Charlene! Can't wait to see you at She Speaks!
Lynn

Blogger Shannon said...

congrats...I need self discipline. I have food allergies, and so cannot eat fresh fruit and vegies. Everything needs to be cooked. Soooo it is so hard to eat healthy when snack food is readily available. But I recently took up running, so am hoping to stick to a better plan! Cannot wait to see ya in your wedding dress!
Blessings
Shannon

Blogger Rachel Olsen said...

Way to go!!

See you soon ~ Rachel

Blogger Joyful said...

Charlene, like I said on FB, GORGEOUS!!!! Wow!!! Congratulations!

Can't wait to see the professional pics you have done!!!!

Hugs,
Joy

Anonymous Kristen Myers said...

Beautiful! Just wonderfully beautiful!

Congrats Charlene!!

Blogger msarabia said...

Charlene,

How did ya do it?

Michelle

Wow - that is amazing!! Great job...it IS so worth it. :)

Blogger Julie Gillies said...

Wow, Charlene, you look absolutely stunning! We met last year at She Speaks when I was (supposed to be) in your speaker evaluation group, only I was ill. Great job losing the 30+ pounds. You go, girl!

See you next week at She Speaks!

Blogger Marybeth Whalen said...

Wow Charlene! That's amazing! I set the same goal and am also 5 pounds away from what I was when Curt and I got married-- very cool!

Blogger Zoe Elmore said...

Woo Hoo friend and congrats!
You have always been a beauty and now you are a drop your jaw beautiful youg woman! Keep it up friend, I can't wait to hug your skinny little frame tomorrow. :-)
Zoe

Blogger Bonita said...

Girl, you look gorgeous! Tell me all about it this weekend. I need some help in this area.

My 20th is in a few weeks and I could fit about half of me in my dress!

And what does Mr.Kidd think of this new wife?

Blogger Melanie and Alisa said...

Great job! Beautiful You!
Melanie@Bella~Mella

Blogger Tea with Tiffany said...

Great effort pays off. :)

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
I am taking some time away from speaking to glean more from God and draw closer to Him. I need to be at home more with my children for a season. I will continue to post on my blog and update you all. I covet your prayers during this new season.
Favorite Sites