Going Going Gone
The previous post along with this one are the last two of my journal entries for the incredible trip to Ecuador. I hope you have enjoyed them.
The trip home

The airport was hectic, filling out papers, checking luggage and roses!! We were bringing a piece of Ecuador home with us. I met a lady in line that was curious about our group. It turns out that she is a CLASS (Christian Leader Authors Speakers Seminar) graduate, and she knew one of our very own Sussane Scheppmann. She took back a picture of the team to surprise her with. Connie is also an ultrasound sonographer, ( I am also), she was there on a mission trip. I once again smiled at the humor of God.
It was an all night flight to the states. We arrived in the Atlanta airport early in the am, we were eagerly anticipating Starbucks. I had checked as one of my bags, the box with all of the roses for the ladies from Charlotte, NC. So I had to go through the agricultural customs.
All who had boxes of roses went through, the rest headed on. There were hugs and tears. I was the last one in the line up of roses. I watched as all the boxes were opened, each bunch of roses was shaken over a container to make sure there were no bugs in them. Unfortunately, according the the lady doing the checking, the very last bunch in my box had a bug. None of the other bunches had bugs. I had to stand there and watch as 22 dozen roses were confiscated and thrown away. I was so glad that Van had stayed behind with me. We were sad at the loss. No time for tears, we still had more customs to get through.
At this point we were concerned about catching our next flight. There was a battalion of military personnel being deployed to Iraq. We thanked as many as we could personally for their service. More tears.
By the time we got through baggage check we had fifteen minutes to catch our flight. Which of course was three concourses away!!! I was painfully aware that Starbucks was not in the plan. We made it just in time, boarding was already begun. Van and I assumed that we could get coffee on the plane. Think again!! Due to the short duration of the flight, there was no beverage service. I was sitting next to Melissa Taylor, who had a grande latte, I threatened to steal it. But it was only a fleeting thought, I did not act on it.
The landing in Charlotte was a bit side ways, the pilot made a good recovery and we were home.
As soon as we got off the plane, Van and I ran to the Starbucks and indulged in desires!! We met back up with the team at the baggage claim. My bag and my family arrived, more tears.
I will forever cherish the memories I have from this trip. Thanks for sharing the journey with me.


Post a Comment


About Me
I am taking some time away from speaking to glean more from God and draw closer to Him. I need to be at home more with my children for a season. I will continue to post on my blog and update you all. I covet your prayers during this new season.
Favorite Sites