I just left out one detail!!
If you are coming over from Lysa's blog. Welcome.

I am so excited about She Speaks this year. I am always anxious to see how God is going to move. I know from the buffeting we are all seeing this year is going to be awesome.

I am currently on vacation with my husband and kids and 13 more of his relatives. I can hear the gasps right now. I assure you it is a great time. We have developed a tradition of spending the entire Memorial Day week at a beach home in Litchfield Beach, SC with Allan's extended family. There are anywhere from 19 to 21 of us on any given year.

This year we have two houses, so we could spread out a little easier. The days are spent totally relaxing on the beach or by the pool, taking naps, and playing games. The highlight of each day is dinner. With all the many helping hands we never need to go to a restaurant because we have a gourmet meal each night. There is usually a pasta night, a beef night, a seafood night etc. Tonight is going to be appetizers by the pool. Everyone is making their favorite for all to try.

I worked very hard this year to be able to hit the beach in a bathing suit and not be mistaken for a beached something or other. I got the children all covered in sunscreen and hats, and I laid down for a quick beach nap.

That was great except, I forgot to put on my sunscreen!!!! It was the first time in many years my middle section and seen the sun, and well; it will probably be the last for awhile. I am so red and sore breathing hurts!!! I should know better, I grew up on the beach in Florida.

If you have ever forgotten a crucial detail please share your story.

I will try to post some pictures soon.

I can not wait to see everyone at the conference.

Blessings,


5 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

I'm sorry about your sunburn, but jealous of your vacation! Have fun! I don't know what critical think I have forgotten - I tend to be a control freak. But I did leave my ipod on the back of my car the other day, ran errands, and when I got home it was still there!

Blogger Joyful said...

Ohhhh Charlene, I can feel that sunburn!!! Being fair, and a redhead, I've had my share of bad burns. I remember one day as a child being outdoors all day for a "Play Day" at school. My Mom had covered me in sunscreen before I left for school in the morning, but by the end of the day I was burned to such a crisp it was too painful to even raise my arms to take my shirt off. My Mom actually cut it off at the shoulders. Empathizing with you.

Hope you have a wonderful holiday. Thanks for visiting my blog. Looking forward to seeing you again. I still cherish the certificate I received from you in 2005, and even more, I treasure the words of encouragement and inspiration you gave me.

Blessings,
Joy

Blogger Becky said...

I enjoyed your post tonight. I am packing up to go see my daughter this weekend. I am trying to remember everything I want to take. I washed clothes tonight so that I could take a few things that were in the dirty clothes. I got one load done and in the dryer and I forgot to turn it ON.

Blogger Bonita said...

I hope you're recovered. Isn't that just like a mama to make sure everyone else is taken care of, but forgetting herself?

On Memorial Day I fell asleep in the sun in my bathing suit for a mere hour and let's just say I was a red hot mama in places I didn't really want to be red hot!

Blogger Sonya Lee Thompson said...

I am glad you had a good vacation, minus the burn!

I once went on vacation to the beach but forgot my swimsuit! My father swears it was because I wanted a new one! Actually it was just a mishap! (but the new suit didn't hurt) ;)

looking forward to seeing you at She Speaks!

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
I am taking some time away from speaking to glean more from God and draw closer to Him. I need to be at home more with my children for a season. I will continue to post on my blog and update you all. I covet your prayers during this new season.
Favorite Sites