The Duck and The Devil
I am sorry I have been quiet over the past week or so. I have been traveling with work and spending more time in the Urgent Care!! I should own stock in that place by now. Ryan our 12 year old has a Patella that is off its track. That is the floating bone or knee cap. We are not sure yet if there is damage to the Meniscus (the cushions that hold it in place), or just a bad strain. We will know more on Monday after many days of rest and a brace.

I received a great story in an email, so I thought I would pass it on to you.

The Duck &the Devil
There was a little boy visiting his grandparents on their farm. He was given
a slingshot to play with out in the woods. He practiced in the woods; but he
could never hit the target. Getting a little discouraged, he headed back for
dinner. As he was walking back he saw Grandma's pet duck. Just out of
impulse, he let the slingshot fly, hit the duck square in the head and
killed it. He was shocked and grieved!

In a panic, he hid the dead duck in the wood pile; only to see his sister
watching! Sally had seen it all, but she said nothing.

After lunch the next day Grandma said, "Sally, let's wash the dishes" But
Sally said, "Grandma, Johnny told me he wanted to help in the kitchen." Then
she whispered to him, "Remember the duck?" So Johnny did the dishes.

Later that day, Grandpa asked if the children wanted to go fishing and
Grandma said, "I'm sorry but I need Sally to help make supper." Sally just
smiled and said, "Well that's all right because Johnny told me he
wanted to help" She whispered again, "Remember the duck?" So Sally went
fishing and Johnny stayed to help.

After several days of Johnny doing both his chores and Sally's; he finally
couldn't stand it any longer. He came to Grandma and confessed that he had
killed the duck.

Grandma knelt down, gave him a hug and said, "Sweetheart, I know. You see, I
was standing at the window and I saw the whole thing, but because I love
you, I forgave you. I was just wondering how long you would let Sally make a
slave of you."




If there are things in your life that the enemy keeps throwing up to you; fears, debt, bad habits, cheating, anger, bitterness or anything else know that God has seen all of it and He still loves you and adores you and if you will ask He will be faithful to forgive you. Don't let the devils lies make you a slave any longer.

Spring is fully here, take some time with this new season to start fresh in your heart as well.
Blessings,


3 Comments:

Blogger Joyful said...

Great illustration Charlene. It overwhelms me that God knows all about me, and loves me unconditionally!

Praying that Ryan's knee will heal. Sorry to hear you've had such a hectic week. Missed you. Hope all is on the mend.

Have a blessed weekend,
Joy

Charlene-what a good story. Our past often enslaves us but if we would only live in the forgiveness we have been given! It can be a struggle for me but I am getting better at it. It's that daily committing to live in Christ. Thank you for the blessing today!
In His Graces~Pamela

Blogger Micca said...

Loved that story. What a great reminder--one I needed to read today!

I hope Ryan's knee heals quickly.
love you

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
I am taking some time away from speaking to glean more from God and draw closer to Him. I need to be at home more with my children for a season. I will continue to post on my blog and update you all. I covet your prayers during this new season.
Favorite Sites