A Centennial Celebration
Happy Birthday Elizabeth Kidd!!!




Yesterday 3/5/2008 was a landmark day in the Kidd family. My husbands grandmother turned 100 years old.

Great grandmother is a remarkable lady. She is a true southern bell. She has lived in the Carolinas all of her life (mostly in Haw River, NC). Grandmother and granddaddy were married for 72 years. He was 93 when he died that was 7 years ago. Their marriage was an inspiration to Allan and I because you could tell they loved each other. The sparkle was there even after 72 years. She quickly tells you marriage is work and you need God to help you.

They had a son, Claude (my father-in-law) and a daughter, Betsy. There are 5 grandchildren and
5 great grandchildren (yes I have 4 of those!!).

Today grandmother resides in Rock Hill, SC at an assisted living center. She is the matriarch there. We are blessed that she is still as sharp as a tack!! You do not get anything past her. She knows all that is happening at the center and with her family. One of her highlights each year is the family reunion for her side of the family. She is the only surviving sibling, but the extended family gets together each year on the first Sunday in October. We usually have 60+ people.


















The center through a great party for her, calling her the "Princess of Day". She was even interviewed for the local cable channel (CN2 in Rock Hill).








I wanted to pay tribute to this precious lady. She has been a positive influence in my life. I pray that we have her with us for a long time to come.

Please share your thought for grandmother and I will pass them on to her.

Blessings,


5 Comments:

Blogger Bonita said...

What a beautiful testimony! Happy Birthday, Mrs. Kidd!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey mama love the blog

love your eldest daughter

Blogger Renee Swope said...

Wow, what a beautiful legacy of life and love. I pray that I am as pretty of a princess as you when I am 100! You have lived well and it shows. Sweet blessings as you experience each day to it's fullest, revealing His glory through your smile. I imagine your groom and your Bridegroom can't wait to see you at the threshold of Heaven! I know they'll both be waiting with open arms. How blessed is your family that they get to enjoy you for such a long and rich life!

Blessings,
Renee

Blogger Joyful said...

Thanks for sharing this tribute for your Grandmother. I remember over 7 years ago when we flew to Winnipeg, Manitoba to celebrate my husbands Grandmother's 100th b'day. The stories and wisdom of a life lived to honour and glorify the King - what an amazing testimony. Our "Gran" will be 108 years old this year and still doing so well. Lived in her own home until she was 100! May the Lord continue to bless your sweet Grandma for many more years and may God continue to use her to be a blessing to many.

Blogger MelissaTaylor.org said...

Charlene,
She is BEAUTIFUL!!!! No lie, how amazing and what a fantastic life story. Happy Birthday Grandmother Kidd!!! This made me smile! Thanks for sharing this celebration with us.
Love,
Melissa

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
I am taking some time away from speaking to glean more from God and draw closer to Him. I need to be at home more with my children for a season. I will continue to post on my blog and update you all. I covet your prayers during this new season.
Favorite Sites