What kind of speakers are they?
I knew it was going to be an interesting weekend when leaving my development at 6:00am six police cars were blocking the exit of my neighborhood. The officers were not in their cars and no where to be seen. I called my husband and kept him on the phone with me until I had safely maneuvered out of the entrance to our development. We still do not know what was happening.

What an awesome opportunity it was to speak this weekend to a fabulous group of ladies in Palatka, FL. It was a treat for me because I actually used to work in Palatka in 1983-1985, doing CAT Scans for a mobile X-ray company, while I was in college in Gainesville, FL.


The weather was sunny and warm and so were all the ladies attending the conference. I must say the best part was being able to speak with Zoe Elmore. Zoe is one of our funnest team members, she spreads such joy where ever she goes. She also performs special affects. You must go to her blog and see her entry on the retreat. Zoe' blog has great pictures of the retreat as well.


The other interesting story that emerged from the weekend came from the two ladies that picked us up to drive us to the event. It seems that Karen thought they
were picking up actual music speakers; so she could not figure out why the car needed to be clean and the temperature comfortable!!! She figured they must be expensive or sensitive speakers. Instead she got human speakers that were pretty easy to please.


This is Brenda (on the left), then Deedy, myself and Pam. Brenda has been the leader of this conference for many years and is now passing the torch on to Deedy. The entire weekend was so smooth. You can see that the room was full. The event was very well attended.


Deedy and Pat (the Pastor's wife) even took Zoe and I shopping on our way back to the airport. It was a fun way to unwind from the conference.


Thanks to all the ladies involved with and attending the Women's Life Spiritual Retreat. I am quite sure they will remember the Proverbs 31 Speakers!!


Blessings,


9 Comments:

Blogger Zoe said...

Charlene,
It was great to be with you this weekend. The Lord used you in many ways to minister to each woman who attended and to me. I look forward to the Lord allowing us to speak together in the future.
Zoe

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Charlene- thank you so much. My wife, Kelly George, was on the committee and she has talked and talked and talked about how much she enjoyed you and Zoe. Glad to see you didn't have the same fate of falling off the stage that Zoe did but glad that God kept her safe.

Adam E. George, Ministry Assistant
Christ Ind Methodist Church
Palatka, FL

Blogger Charlene Kidd said...

Adam,
Thank you for stopping by and sharing. Zoe and I were all blessed by the ladies we met this weekend. We hope to see you again.
Blessings,
Charlene

Blogger Alene said...

Charlene,
Sounds like you had an awesome weekend at your conference. What a blessing you received, as well as gave to those there. Thanks for stopping by and checking in our conference. Our God is so amazing. He blesses and moves beyond anything we can ask or imagine.
Keep sharing and encouraging,
Alene

Blogger Van said...

Glad the control, coach, counsel advice worked out. Most of all I'm laughing out loud at the experience you an ZOE had over the weekend in FL. Keep chekcing the eyes.

Blogger MelissaTaylor.org said...

Charlene,

It was so good to see you again. I'm sorry I didn't get to talk that much. I've been so swamped since I got back. After you left I kind of felt bad that I didn't stop and talk a little.

I have heard fabulous things about your Paltka event. I'm sure it was great to be back in Gator country.

Love you,
Melissa

**I saw your comment on my "Laundry" post...I knew if anyone understood my laundry pile, it would be you!

Blogger Sandy said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful speaking engagement. I chuckled at the lady thinking that she was picking up music speaker! I read Zoe's post and I am quiet sure she left a memorable impression. May the Lord bless and continue to use you to draw others closer to Him. Blessings!

Blogger Lysa TerKeurst said...

Wow... it sounds like you had such a great event. I spent some time with the Palatka ladies back in December at their Christmas tea and had a blast. What nice women!!!

And Zoe's story just about made me pee in my pants. Oh my stars!!! What did you do when she fell off the stage?

Blogger Charlene Kidd said...

Lysa,
I actually sat their in shock!! I told her it looked like she laid over and floated to the ground in slow motion. I am anxious to hear how she did this weekend.

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
I am taking some time away from speaking to glean more from God and draw closer to Him. I need to be at home more with my children for a season. I will continue to post on my blog and update you all. I covet your prayers during this new season.
Favorite Sites