Yikes, my "To Do" list is endless
DISCLAIMER: Before you read this, I am not having a crisis, I am just reflecting on where things are.

I have to admit I am feeling a bit overwhelmed today.

There is laundry to do, sheets to change, furniture to dust and on and on it goes.

Then there is the work project that needs to be mailed out just as soon as the last item arrives from the client (hopefully before I forget where I put the pile).

Oh, I almost forgot the gas bill is due, I need to keep the house warm because my van is having trouble heating up right now (it would not be a good back up spot for warmth).

Today is therapy day for Sarah, Ryan needs a wood cutter outfit for a play. Dinner needs to be cooked, dry cleaning needs to be picked up. Allan has a report for me to transcribe.

I have to catch up the business books so we can get our taxes done (I am figuring on at least 2 hours on that task alone).

Allan and I have a conference this weekend, and I am speaking again next weekend out of town (I could use some quality prep time).

Tomorrow I have to go to Atlanta to meet with a client and I wont be home until Wednesday evening (I will probably just meet the family at church).

I am in desperate need of a pedicure, oh make that an full overhaul!!

I still have not finished praying for everything and everyone I am supposed to cover.

I am sure I am missing something, but I can not seem to remember what it is right now(I am 40+ ) .

I always thought I would get to do something great in life, but instead I seem to be doing an endless list of little things. I was feeling sort of inadequate maybe even unimportant, then I came across this quote:

In this life we cannot always do great things. But we can do small things with great love. Mother Teresa


I was so blessed when I read that.

As I typed out the rambling list above, I was not complaining, I have actually been trudging along somewhat joyfully.

Upon reading that quote, I decided that these little things I perform each day will add up to a great thing one day.

I am okay with that.

So if you are feeling a bit unappreciated or unworthy, take a minute to look at all the small things you do and make sure you do them with love.

Blessings,


6 Comments:

Blogger Jodie Wolfe said...

We also can choose the type of attitude we have when we do those 'small things'. We can choose joy over bitterness or drudgery. Thanks for the reminder.

P.S. I just read the article about you in P31 while my son was at the dentist! :)

Blogger Bonita said...
Blogger Micca said...

I love Mother Teresa! What wisdom. Thanks for sharing that quote. I'm sure to remember it since everday seems like a crazy day here lately!
hugs,
Micca

Blogger MelissaTaylor.org said...

Charlene,

Oh how I can totally relate! This morning I am staring at Mt. Laundry that is waiting to be folded. Hayley Grace is sick, so I'll actually be home to get it done!

Our chores do get overwhelming and mundane, but oh the blessings we are doing them for...our sweet families!

Love the quote!
Be safe coming home from Hotlanta:)
Love,
Melissa

Blogger Joyful said...

Hi Charlene,
Your post today reminded me of a card I purchased and kept because of it's message. It shows a mom folding laundry, while standing and looking longingly out her kitchen window. The front of the card has a quote by Sheila Walsh. It says, "Holy moments come to us daily if we will ask for eyes to see. It may be the sun streaming through the window as you fold laundry. Or maybe it's lifting your friends to God while you vacuum. We can't always withdraw to quiet hillsides to pray, but Christ will meet with us in the quiet places of our hearts." The caption inside the card says, "In the quiet places of my heart, I joyfully and securely put your cares and concerns before God. May you feel His presence in your life today." "God is able to make all grace abound toward you...that you may have an abundance for every good work." 2 Cor. 9:8

The little things we do each day have tremendous value. Praying God will replace your feeling of being overwhelmed with His measureless grace.

Blessings,
Joy
PS. It's been great to find your blog. You were my Evaluation leader at "She Speaks" in 2005 and I so appreciated all your encouragement. You probably don't remember me, but I was the only gal in your group that year from Canada.

Blogger Alene said...

Thank you for sharing. I am feeling a little overwhelmed today as we have a big conference we are planning this weekend. I needed your words. Blessings, Alene

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
I am taking some time away from speaking to glean more from God and draw closer to Him. I need to be at home more with my children for a season. I will continue to post on my blog and update you all. I covet your prayers during this new season.
Favorite Sites