Have you seen God today?
I heard a song on the radio today that really caused me to think. There was a chorus that caught my attention.
"I Saw God Today"
by George Straight

I've been to Church
I've read the Book
I know He's here
I just don't look.



I thought about the many ways each and every day the God shows Himself to me, but I am too busy to see Him.

So I made a conscious effort to look for God today, and I found Him.

I realized I saw God this morning when my husband said he would take the kids to school so I did not have to be so rushed this morning.

I saw God when I noticed how high the lake level was again because God has sent the rain to help with the drought.

In my devotion time this morning I was reading in Matthew 7:7-12. Verse 12 reminds us "to do unto others as you would like them to do to you". Then I saw God when my oldest son walked away from an opportunity to fight with his sister, when she had instigated it.

Matthew 25:34-36 says:

34"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'


The opportunities to see God are numerous. How have you seen God today? Please share your thoughts.

Next time I want to look at how we can be the giver of God to others rather than the receiver.

Blessings,



4 Comments:

Blogger Joyful said...

Hi Charlene,
This was a great reminder. I saw God today in a cup of hot chocolate from my husband. I saw God in an e-mail from a friend. I saw God in fresh fallen snow. I saw God as He brought my son home safely from a day of skiing. I saw Him through the pages of His Word during my quiet time. God is all around us. We just have to look for Him.
Fixing my eyes on Christ,
Joy

Blogger Van said...

Loved your WRITING, Charlene! Looking for God is the best kind of Treasure hunt, wouldn't you say? Come on back to my blog and post a comment. Maybe you'll win a doggie DVD for Sarah!

Blogger Marybeth Whalen said...

Hey-- must admit I am having trouble seeing God right now in the midst of my latest setback. Thanks for your encouraging words my friend...

Blogger Van said...

Charlene- You are a winner! Next time you are in the office pick up a DVD and tell Teri that I will replinish it. May want to do so this week and put it in Sara's Easter basket!

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
I am taking some time away from speaking to glean more from God and draw closer to Him. I need to be at home more with my children for a season. I will continue to post on my blog and update you all. I covet your prayers during this new season.
Favorite Sites