So, what is next?
There are many mixed emotions in our country today. I dare say it runs the entire gamut from elation to all out fear.

In prayer in the wee hours of Tuesday morning I was drawn to many examples in the Old Testament where the Israelites cried to God for a King. When He would allow them to have the king they asked for what happened? Every time they ended up with times and seasons of bondage.

I realized that many people in our country were crying out for a king to take away their problems.

Next I was drawn to Daniels story along with his three friends; Shadrak, Meshak, and Abendigo. These young men were exiled and thrown in to potential bondage because their people wanted a king. But what these men did to stay safe, and even come away with more than they went in with was to hold true to the commands of God.

I felt strongly that God was directing me to see that no matter what happens in the coming days, weeks and even years; as long as I do not compromise my obedience to God's commands I and my family will be safe and come out on top. This road will most likely have bumps and even craters in it, but I do not have to be tripped up or fall in.

I am continuing to pray for our nation and all of its citizens.

Blessings,


5 Comments:

Blogger Wendy Pope said...

AMEN! My friend.

Blogger Bonita said...

Thanks, Charlene. I was kind of bumming today given that it's my spiritual birthday and I didn't exactly get the present I was hoping for. However, I got something much greater 28 years ago and I'm so glad that I have Him and His word to hang on to no matter the ride ahead.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl!
It is a beautiful day to be in a country that still gives us the freedom to worship God. I am giving Him thanks today for that.

I was so excited to see your sweet comment on my blog!

I must admit I slip to visit my friend's blogs often, but don't comment as much as I should.

Have a marvelous day! Love you bunches, Luann

Blogger Joy Junktion said...

I love this post, Charlene.

I have been recalling the same scriptures regarding the Israelites wanting a King. And, they got one and all the ups and downs that went with it.

We may be in for a wild ride, but GOD is still GOD!!!

Blogger Joyful said...

No compromise! Now there's a testimony!

Continuing to pray for you. Trust you and yours are all well,
Joy

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
I am taking some time away from speaking to glean more from God and draw closer to Him. I need to be at home more with my children for a season. I will continue to post on my blog and update you all. I covet your prayers during this new season.
Favorite Sites