Can you hear me now?
I feel like the guy from the Verizon commercial, only it is me that has been hiding. I can not believe how long it has been since I took the time to post anything. I am very sorry. I am guilty of letting life get in the way.

Our last week before school was a complete whirl wind. I had a working trip to Washington, DC and Allan and the kids came with me. We really had a fun time. I had one day that I could site see with them before reporting to work. It was truly a remarkable day. We had a tour of the Capital set up through our local Senators office. It was on a Friday and it was the week that some of the Republican Representative chose to remain in the chambers and debate the issue of drilling for oil. We actually got to go and sit on the floor of the House of Representatives; we were the audience. My kids came away with an incredible history lesson.

The next week was the start up of school. It is now the 3rd week of school and a routine is trying to emerge. Of course we are now adding in football and cheerleading.

In preparation for ski season (yes, some in the Carolina's like to ski); Allan and I have challenged each other to 90 days of P90X. It is an exercise series created by Tony Horton. I must say it has humbled me completely. I thought I was in okay shape before, NOT!!! But after my 90 days -- Look out MOGELS -- here I come!!!

I do not have any huge life lessons to share today. With the grace of God we continue to trudge through the season of life we are currently in.

Incidently I am on my way to Houston, TX today for a quick training day and back home on Wednesday night.

Blessings,


5 Comments:

Blogger Julie Gillies said...

Hey, Charlene,

Welcome home. It sounds like D.C. was wonderful. Glad to have you back in cyber-space.

Blessings.

Blogger Joyful said...

Wow Charlene, you have been busy!! My son returns to school tomorrow, so our life will get back into routine as well.

Thanks for your comment on my blog. Life has been busy here as I've been helping to care for my parents, but God is giving grace and strength for each day.

My husband and son are both avid skiers, so they are anticipating winter sports arrival as well. (You don't want to hear about my skiing experience...!!!!)

Have a great day!
Joy

Blogger Sonya Lee Thompson said...

Busy, Busy, Busy! I pray your life slows down a little so you can stop and smell the flowers. :)

Glad you and your hubby are exercising. We are starting up with that too!

God Bless,
Sonya

Blogger Joy Junktion said...

Glad you are back.
I was just getting to know you through your blog and then 'swish' you were gone.
Glad you have been enjoying family time.

Blogger Bonita said...

Sounds like a full life as usual. That trip to the House of Representatives sounds so cool.

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
I am taking some time away from speaking to glean more from God and draw closer to Him. I need to be at home more with my children for a season. I will continue to post on my blog and update you all. I covet your prayers during this new season.
Favorite Sites