Our Christmas Home Tour
I could not resist joining BooMama for her Christmas Home Tour. I enjoyed seeing Lysa, Renee, and Marybeth's homes along with the 400+ available for viewing.

With that, I would like to welcome you to the Kidd home.

This is our front door. It is a close shot because the battery for my camera will no longer charge, so I have to have it plugged in to power in order to take a picture!! So that was as far out as I could go.

Imagine that the door is now open and you may come into the foyer. Other than some dust bunnies you will see our Christmas tree. It was originally in the family room but a piano took its place. The angel on top was purchased for the first tree Allan and I had together. We have been married 17 years and the angel along with us are going strong!! My tree is a hodge-podge of ornaments. I remember my mother's trees growing up had to be melancholy perfect. There were no children made items allowed. Since I am a bit sanguine, the non-matching thing is fine with me. Our manger sits below, it is minus baby Jesus, He is placed there on Christmas morning.

Next to the foyer is the dining room.The star you see reflected in the mirror is a gift from Proverbs 31, it actually stays there all year round. The center piece is a Garden Ridge find on sale, of course. The dining room table was my Christmas present several years ago. This is where we enjoy Jesus' birthday cake on Christmas Eve.


Also in the dining room is our advent wreath. I made this one. the shiny can angels next to it were pre-school gifts from my oldest two children. They watch over things nicely.








In the family room over the entertainment center we have a collection of pretties. If you look closely you will see a small gold box, it is in front of the white tree, that is where baby Jesus is. He is opened first on Christmas morning. Above are pictures of each of my children taken when they were each 9 months old.


The mantle over the fireplace in the family room is special to me.
I made the center piece for the first Christmas in our first home. That was in 1991. It has moved to each new house and always sits over the fireplace. The stocking are your basic red and white with glitter writing used to put each persons name on their stocking. The mirror above is a treasured gift of my grandmother. There were two of these, the other one shattered when we tried to hang it in this house.

The last picture I want to share for now is the other tree we have. We normally open our gifts in the family room. We got a piano last year and it took over the spot we had for the big tree. Last year when we opened presents it seemed strange to not have a tree to gather around.

This year as I was pulling out decorations I found a box that had a small artificial tree in it. It was one from the upstairs in our first home. I dusted it off, sat it on a table and my dilemma was solved. The kids were also excited because I told them this one could have colored lights on it for them!!

I hope you have enjoyed your tour of our home. I will post a picture of the birthday cake for Jesus I told you about the other day. I just have to bake it first!!!

I pray you have a Blessed and Merry Christmas and an awesome 2008.



5 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

Thank you for allowing me to take a tour of your home this holiday season! I had a nice visit! :-)

Merry Christmas from Dawn in Germany!

Blogger Marybeth Whalen said...

Charlene-- your home is so lovely! I am sad I have never been out to see it in person... It seems like such a fun and festive place. A great place to grow up in!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you've really created a warm feeling in your home! thanks for letting me tour it! :)

Blogger Totallyscrappy said...

What a lovely home! Thank you for inviting me over. I'm brewing a pot of gingerbread tea...

Thanks for letting us in! :) Your home is lovely. And I love that you have a sanguine tree. :)

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
I am taking some time away from speaking to glean more from God and draw closer to Him. I need to be at home more with my children for a season. I will continue to post on my blog and update you all. I covet your prayers during this new season.
Favorite Sites